Friday, May 3, 2013

Sloth

Today is the first day I’ve left my room in what feels like forever. Unfortunately, it wasn’t because my workload has decreased. I heard that Sloth was meeting Ahriman at our safehouse, and I wanted to see what Fracture’s people look like, even if it means letting work pile up a little.

The apartment’s gotten really empty lately. With everyone out on patrol all the time, it’s almost as if we’ve gone back to just me, Sky, and Lepidus living here. Which has the benefit of me getting my room back, but I’d gotten used to the crowd. The constant quiet is a bit creepy.

Not that it stayed quiet long. Sloth arrived, with three other proxies behind him. Those proxies with him were weird. They didn’t say anything, and barely reacted to anything. A little like how Null used to act, but even more extreme. The moment Sky saw them, she got behind Lepidus and started hissing at them like a cat. That made Sloth jump a little, and he spent most of his time here trying to keep a safe distance from her.

Speaking of Sloth, he was a lot less… sloth… like?... than I’d expected. Reading about him had made me think he was going to be a big slow guy who climbed trees, but he’s surprisingly normal.

Ahriman arrived a few minutes later, and they started to talk, but when they saw me with my recorder, they stepped outside. Which just left the other three, standing still and staring at our wall. Sky had upgraded from hissing to growling at them, so Lepidus carefully guided her to another room to calm down. And since there was nothing else for me, I got back to work.

4 comments:

  1. The more I read about Sky, the more annoying she gets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what's annoying?

      People who comment anonymously.

      -Rose

      Delete
    2. Excuse me for not wanting to fetishize the horror that chases us all by making regular blog entries about him.
      <3

      Delete
  2. That must have been a trip down memory lane for Sloth.

    ReplyDelete