Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Regrouping

I’ve managed to regroup with several surviving proxies. I was happy to see Lepidus and Sky amongst them; less happy to see Ahriman, even if he’s the reason I was able to find the group. As soon as he figured out our internet and phones still work, he’s been sending out calls and emails to as many proxies as possible to try and get everyone back together. I got an email from him not long after my first post went up, asking if I was alive. Once that was confirmed, he gave me directions to reach where we were gathering.

That process has been slowed a bit by the unreliability of our electronics, though. The internet’s still as bad as before, and our phone reception is horrible. My recorder’s finally working again, but there’s a constant chittering background noise whenever I try to pick something up with it. And sometimes, everyone’s equipment will suddenly stop working for a bit without any explanation we can find. It’s been making coordination a bit more haphazard than we’d like.

It’s also hard to figure out how long we’ve been here. Every digital clock anyone has on a phone or computer just says 00:00, and the one analog clock a proxy was wearing is frozen with both hands at 12. That red sun outside hasn’t been any help either, since it seems to move up and down in the sky without any pattern. I tried to check through the internet, but I kept getting contradictory answers. Sometimes it would say we’ve been here for five hours, sometimes we’ve been here for several days, sometimes it would say we’d somehow traveled to the past. All I know is that it doesn’t feel like we’ve been here for a day, but with that sun, there’s really no way to tell.

There hasn’t been any word from Truth, so for now, we’re waiting here until we get a better picture of the situation. Ahriman’s sent out some proxies to scout the nearby floors, so we’re waiting to hear from them. Once we do, hopefully someone will know what to do next.

4 comments:

  1. From where I'm standing, its been about 5 days. After a week... I might have to do something drastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been much shorter than five days for us. This is weird.

      Delete
  2. Again, I sincerely apologize for being unable to assist you and the rest of the Phoenix branch.

    -The Grigori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for Denizens. And is Arkady still in there with you?

    ReplyDelete