Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A night’s worth of fighting later, three proxies are dead and 12 are wounded.

Then as morning came, a safehouse on the complete opposite end of the city exploded.

We don’t know how or when he got past the police, but the video taken of the explosion show Arkady running from the scene. Though he did briefly stop to make some sort of gesture toward the camera that caused Lepidus to laugh when we watched the video.

L: “He’s biting his thumb at us. It’s very old, Shakespearean insult. I never thought I’d see someone do it off the stage.”

The reports coming in are still confused, but from what we can tell, none of our casualties were caused by Arkady. Most were from friendly fire, and a short firefight with some druggies in a crack house in the neighborhood.

This is starting to get too big for us to cover up. We just called in a massive police manhunt that ended in a building exploding. The only reason the lid hasn’t blown off the whole thing is the amount of money we’re throwing around, but I’m starting to wonder how long even that can last.

6 comments:

  1. Well the death toll was lower than last time so...progress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God dammit. Why do I even hope? What is hope? What are thing?

    Fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cough* I think I called this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have seen this coming really. Seems Like you proxies still don't realize what you're dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My advice at this point is just to go. Run. I've seen Arkady in action, and it sounds from your blog like he's even more competent than I thought. I'd say to just leave him be, but since he's specifically hunting proxies, that won't do any good. Drop this manhunt and run before you get yourselves killed. Is this organization more important to you than your life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I don't know that its the organization that's important to her.

      It think it's more a someone. Someone who threw their life away in pressed service to that organization who she might not be comfortable asking to leave with her in light of all they've lost.

      Delete