Saturday, January 5, 2013

Last night I tried the sleep medicine Lepidus gave me. It didn’t work. I still woke up when he arrived at 3:33, just like every other night.

I hid, like every other time. It had worked every other night. But this night, out of all the stupid horror movie tropes that had to happen, I had to sneeze. I tried holding it in, but couldn’t. I sneezed, and as soon as the Boos heard the noise he turned around to look at me.

I screamed. Screamed like a child. Right as I did, Dumas burst through the door, holding a gun. He looked at the situation for a moment and then

I can’t believe I’m about to write this. I can still barely believe it actually happened. He shot the Boss. None of the bullets did anything, but still! He grabbed me and Sky by the hands, and pulled us out of the room.

The gunshots woke up everyone else, and they ran into the living room as lights flickered on. Lazarenko demanded to know what was going on, and Dumas’s reply amounted to “I might have just done something really stupid.”

The light in the room started to flicker, then went off, leaving us with only the city lights through the window. A creaking sound came from those windows, and when I looked through them I saw tree branches growing along them.

I tried explaining what was happening, but I was still too panicked to speak properly. The Boss stepped out of Sky’s room and started approaching us. Lazarenko stepped in front of it, and went down on a knee. He started to say “My Lord,” but suddenly one of the Boss’s tentacles wrapped around his throat and lifted him into the air. Another tentacle tore his stomach open, and then threw him to the side.

I thought I was going to die there. Then Sky broke from Dumas’s hold, and started walking towards the Boss. If I was braver, maybe I could have tried stopping her, but I couldn’t make myself move. The Boss opened its arms as she approached, and embraced her. Then both of them faded into the shadows.

The lights came on as soon as they were gone. I finally explained to everyone what had been going on then. We also had to make the calls to report Lazarenko’s death, and deal with all the clean up. Dumas wrote a separate report for Truth, though he’s not sure what’s going to happen to him, given he did open fire on the thing who’s in charge of this whole organization.

When morning came, I found Sky in her room. She had a black eye and a few bruises, but other than that she looked fine. She refuses to tell anyone what happened, though.

Given what just happened, we’ve decided to go back to letting Sky have her own room. Dumas is taking Lazarenko’s spot now that he’s gone, and I get the couch.

And while I try and adapt to this, I think it’s time I finally start looking for some answers.

2 comments:

  1. Typical. 'Dumbass' shot him and Lazarenko got ripped open for it.

    Be mindful, in however you try to proceed, that what you saw was what Father wanted you to see. I think the first question you should be asking is, 'why?'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why the heck is Slendy so interested in this ONE girl?

    Better yet, why did he care that you sneezed?

    ReplyDelete