Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I’ve been trying this whole day to write this down, but couldn’t figure out how to put it down. I never imagined anything like this was going on right here where I was living.

Of course Sky wasn’t happy about having to share her room with someone. She glared at me from her bed the entire time I was moving into her room, and ignored my attempts to break the ice. But she didn’t interfere with my job, so I ignored her. It was late when I finished work, so I got ready for bed. Sky hadn’t moved once.

Once I got under the covers, Sky began to move. I had no idea what she was doing, and at the time passed it off as her usual weirdness. She gathered several pillows that had been on the floor and built a fort out of them on her bed. Then she curled up inside the fort, with a flashlight beaming out the opening she’d made. I waited to see if she would do anything else, but that was it, so I went to sleep.

Several hours later, I suddenly woke up. The clock said 3:33 AM on it. Sky’s flashlight was still on, but she had fallen asleep. When I looked at her relaxed and sound asleep, instead of violent and crazy, it finally hit me how young she is. She’s not even old enough to drive. She should be going to a high school, not spending her entire day with murderers and the people who support them.

While looking at Sky, I realized that some of the shadows being cast by her flashlight were moving. When I looked at what was casting them I saw

Okay. I’m going to come absolutely clean here. I haven’t seen the Boss in a long time. A REALLY long time. Not since I became a proxy. So when I saw him standing in our room, let’s just say it was a bit of a surprise. A completely terrifying surprise.

I felt like a deer trapped in the headlights. I didn’t move at all, hoping he wouldn’t see me. But I wasn’t the one he was interested in. He walked to Sky’s bed, and the tentacles from his back threw aside her pillow fort. Sky woke up and started to scream, but he wrapped a tentacle around her mouth before she could. More tentacles pinned her to the bed.

He didn’t do anything except stare at her, but I could see how terrified she was. Sky kept struggling to break free, but was held too tightly. A part of me felt like I should have helped her, but I was too scared to move. I couldn’t even scream, because I was worried what he would do if he heard me.

For the rest of the night, the Boss held Sky down and watched her. I couldn’t sleep with him in the room, so I tried to stay hidden in my bed, making as little noise as possible.

Morning came, and the first few hints of sunlight came through the window. I blinked, and the Boss had disappeared. The moment she was free, Sky began screaming. I used to think that she screamed in the mornings because she had nightmares or something. I never imagined this.

Lazarenko and Dumas burst through the door when they heard the screaming, with guns drawn. Lepidus was right behind them, and he explained that there was nothing to worry about; Sky started every morning with screaming. I just nodded along without saying anything. At the time, I was still too shocked to say anything.

I still haven’t told any of the others what happened last night. Maybe it was only a one night thing, after all. The Boss is a busy faceless monster. He’s got things to do. He can’t spend every night in some girl’s room being a creepy stalker.

Someone please tell me he can’t do that, because I really want to get a peaceful sleep tonight.

5 comments:

  1. ...wow.

    I haven't seen him in a while either. I've run into other fears, but he's been strangely absent lately. Almost a year, now that I think about it.

    That and a lot of other bloggers have gone quiet. So seeing this...really, really worries me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to break it to you Mrs. Diana, but he can. And if she normally wakes up screaming every morning, then he probably will keep showing up.

    I know you told us once before but I don't feel like digging for it. Exactly how old is sky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know her exact age. I'm guessing it's 14 or 15.

      And you were right. He did come back. He's come back every night.

      Delete
    2. It's madness to do the same thing every night and expect a different result.

      You should try to change up the equation.

      Delete
    3. Put tripwires around the room and see what happens...

      Delete