Monday, December 17, 2012

And We're Back

And then Diana never made a post again because her life had become wonderful and nothing bad ever happened to her or her friends ever again the end.

That’s how it almost ended. It’s been three months since my last post. Three months of the closest thing to peace we can get. We didn’t even have that many problems with runners. I don’t know what it is, but there seems to be a lot less of them lately. Maybe the Boss had decided to relax a little as well. I haven’t been posting because there’s been no reason to post.

But now I do have something to post, and I wish I didn’t. I’d briefly said in my last post that Sky had started going out some days, and was acting so much calmer than she usually does. I liked the new Sky. She still didn’t talk to anyone, but she didn’t break anything, either.

Then yesterday, she walked through the front door completely covered in blood.

I’ve seen a lot of blood before. Lepidus working as a proxy doctor makes it hard to avoid. But that always happens in situations I expect. I see one of our trackers carried inside the apartment, choking to death on the blood from his slashed throat, and that’s normal. Sky was in a different category. She wasn’t a proxy who was out there killing people, she was a really weird, occasionally violent young girl who we babysat because she came with the apartment. So I didn’t know what to do when she walked in and I saw that the floral patterned dress she left in had been stained completely red.

Lepidus asked if she was okay, but she didn’t respond. All Sky did was stand in the doorway, blankly looking inside the apartment. Lepidus approached her, I think to check if she was injured. The second he got close, she suddenly screamed at him to stay away, then she bolted to her room and locked the door.

None of us have been able to get her out since then. She won’t respond to anything we say, but if you listen closely, you can hear her saying “I’m sorry,” over and over again.

Well, at least this period of calm lasted a lot longer than I expected. It looks like we’re going back to the crazy.

3 comments:

  1. At least you had some peace and quiet. Have you made any progress with Sky, or is she still in her room?

    ~Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame to hear about Sky. But at the same time, in some morbid sense, it's good to have ya' back.

    -Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. Proxy puberty.

    She's already hunting. Soon she'll be wearing masks, dressing like a noir detective, blogging, and FUCKING TELEPORTING!

    So you know, good luck with that. Lock your doors at night, WHILE THAT STILL WORKS!

    ReplyDelete