Sunday, July 8, 2012

Backstory


I got a question from Peri Helion in my last post asking why I became a proxy. And I figured that answering that might as well be my next post.

Why did I become a proxy? It’s simple. I really, really, REALLY did not want to die.

For me, it started out the same as most of you. I got drawn into this through the usual Marble Hornets --> Other vlogs --> Blogs --> Oh god He’s right there outside my window.

Several months followed of stalking, with my whole life falling apart. Boyfriend got killed. Parents vanished. Friends abandoned me because I was always acting paranoid and crazy. I tried going on the run, but I didn’t have the money or knowledge to support myself as a homeless vagrant. One day I couldn’t take it anymore, and when I saw Him again, I decided to give up. All I was achieving by running was prolonging the pain. And if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

There’s not guide for how you become a proxy, and I’m not entirely sure how I did it. I tried telling Him I wanted to work for Him, even tried bowing. He didn’t respond to anything I did. When I blinked He was gone, and I had no idea what to think. Had it worked? Was it that easy? Had I become a proxy?

For the next three days I wandered around the city, aimlessly wondering what I was supposed to do next. Never saw Him that entire time. I began to wonder if my attempt to change sides hadn’t worked, and He’d just decided to ignore me. On the fourth day, I was jumped in an alley, thrown into the trunk of a car, and driven outside the city to a shack, where I met Ahriman. He gave me my job, the place I live in now, and set me to work.


And that’s how I became a proxy.

7 comments:

  1. I guess it comes down to how far one is willing to go to avoid death. I think I'd rather die then serve, but hey, that's not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you enjoy this life that you bought for the low, low price of your soul?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. I just loooooove filing paperwork all day long. It's the best.

      Delete
    2. Then why continue living it?

      Delete
    3. Because as much as I dislike this life, I prefer it over being torn apart and having my organs strung up from tree branches.

      Delete
  3. Curiosity strikes, how long ago was that? Have long have you been pencil pushing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since... last November, I think. Being on the edge of starvation at the time makes it a bit hard to remember the date, but I do know it was late in the fall.
      Yeah, pretty sure it was November, because I was picking a turkey out of the dumpster when I got jumped.

      Delete