Saturday, August 18, 2012


I don’t believe it.

It actually worked out.

Just this morning, a truck stopped by our apartment. The first thing the men inside dropped off was a document containing a list of changes to the way finances were being run. Most of it deals with modifying how much gets distributed to each section, though there is a new feature: a board has been established to put the crazier requests for funding under review. I get a proxy asking for a few million dollars so he can pull a Morningstar and build his own tank, I just send it to the new office and they decide whether or not the proxy deserves that cash. I like it that way. It means I don’t have to be the one who deals with the problem.

But more importantly, the truck had food. Lots of food. It wasn’t anything fancy: canned stuff, TV dinners, etc. But it’s a hell of a lot better than having to ration things.

To celebrate, I called everyone to the kitchen and we had a little feast. Lepidus and I cooked the meal, and the Jackson brothers set up the table. It was the closest we’ve come to having a regular breakfast together as regular roommates. We didn’t quite manage regular; after getting everyone sat down and the food handed out, Sky asked where all this new food had come from. The instant I mentioned Truth’s name, she grabbed her plate and threw it out the window (But that’s okay because we now have money to pay for a new one!) Then she grabbed a cup ramen out of the pantry, and ate that instead. But at least that’s been the only outburst today.

All in all, things for once look a little bit less horrible.

4 comments:

  1. Hey. No. I did NOT build my own Tank. I have no idea how to even do that. I asked THEM to build me the tank. As an early Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be how it actually happened, but the way the legend goes is "Morningstar single handedly built himself a tank and then went on a rampage where he kill Robert and zero and Zeke and Arkady and Maduin and AmalgamationSage and...."

      I think they add a new victim every time the story is retold.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad they got that worked out for all of you. We're short on funds in J2, though I think that it's because Mr. Justice refuses to take more funds than necessary from Mr. Jacob. But at least we always have enough.

    I'm so glad that I'm not the one who has to do the budgeting for Mr. Justice, though.

    -Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you say sky's deal was again? She seems to have a fair amount more pull than I first realized.

    ReplyDelete