Thursday, June 27, 2013

Since going to the cafeteria ended up backfiring, I was starting to get worried about our food situation. It had been over a day since any of us had last eaten, and the only place where we knew we could get food was guarded by Arkady.

Then a few minutes ago, a backpack was tossed up the stairwell onto our floor. I looked down the stairs, but only caught a glimpse of them before they went out another door. A note had been attached to the bag, and Manton read it aloud to us.

“Don’t starve to death. That would be boring. Sincerely, Arkady Ivanovich Svidrigailov.”

Inside were several cans of food, bottles of water, and a can opener.

If I hadn’t been so hungry, I might have been more concerned about it maybe being a trap. But none of us really thought about that; we got a can open, and started eating. Cold beans. Not a very good meal. But it was still food. And since I’m not collapsing and dying, I don’t think it was poisoned.

But in the end, the food is only a temporary relief. Because that note implied Arkady had other plans for us, and I really don’t want to find out what those plans are.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, this guys arrogance is pissing me off.

    -Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep an eye on Sky. He seems to be watching the blog and being a early warning system tends to draw attention to you. Hes gonna want to get her first.

    ReplyDelete